The Technical Specifications for Interoperability are specifications which are drafted by the European Railway Agency (ERA) and published by the European Commission.
They ensure the European Railway Interoperability.
The TSI are available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/de/index.htm and may be downloaded.
The fulfillment of the TSI are controlled by notified bodys (NoBo). These certificates shall be valid throughout Europe.
The notified body ERC is allowed to verify the TSI in accordance with the directive 2008/57/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the interoperability of the rail system within the Community for the following scopes:
- Rolling stock - locomotives and passenger rolling stock (Regulation (EU) No 1302/2014),
- Rolling stock - freight wagons (Regulation (EU) No 321/2013),
- Safety in railway tunnels (Regulation (EU) 1303/2014),
- Rolling stock - noise (Regulation (EU) No 1302/2014) and
- Accessibility of the Union's rail system for persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility (Regulation (EU) No 1300/2014)
- Control-command and signalling (Regulation (EU) No 2016/919) - on-board equipment